Dr Simon Skalicky
FRANZCO, PhD, BSc (Med), MPhil, MMed, MBBS (Hons 1)
Dr Simon Skalicky is a Melbourne-based Ophthalmologist achieving excellence in the management of glaucoma and cataract. His advanced surgical skillset and adoption of the most innovative, cutting edge technologies affords his patients access to world class care.
Simon is by nature a hard worker striving for excellence. After completing hospital residency years and Ophthalmology training in Australia, he was invited to complete prestigious surgical fellowship training at Cambridge in the United Kingdom. In Cambridge, Simon studied and practiced glaucoma and cataract surgery, mastering advanced surgical skills required to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients, gaining high volume experience managing the most complex surgical cases.
Surgically, Simon is a perfectionist. He believes every eye is precious and deserves the best possible care. He is dedicated to continually advancing his rich skillset. Simon is known for his modern focus on evidence-based adoption of emerging treatment technologies.
Dr Skalicky is widely published and actively involved in training medical students, Ophthalmology registrars and glaucoma subspecialty fellows. He is an internationally recognised clinical researcher in the field of glaucoma, particularly interested in evaluating glaucoma management from the perspective of the patients’ experience and their quality of life. Simon’s research has lead him to be involved in active collaborations and organisational partnerships with other world leaders in the field of glaucoma in the UK, USA and beyond.
Simon is a down to earth, family man. Married, with two small boys and a mischiefs puppy.
He loves music, the beach, ocean swimming and (when possible) scuba diving.
- FRANZCO (Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists)
- PhD, Glaucoma (Doctor of Philosophy at University of Sydney)
- MPhil (Master of Philosophy at University of Sydney)
- MMed (Master of Medicine at University of Sydney)
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – First Class Honours at University of NSW)
- BSc (Med) (at University of NSW)
- TER100 (Sydney Grammar School)
- Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Sydney
- Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Melbourne
- Federal Councillor for Glaucoma Australia
- Chair, Ophthalmology Liaison Committee Glaucoma Australia
- Victorian representative for the Australia and New Zealand Glaucoma Society
- Faculty, Scientific Committee, and Associate Advisory Board Member for the World Glaucoma Association
- Visiting Medical Officer at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital and Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Director and Senior Glaucoma Surgeon, Eye Surgery Associates